Some steps leading to the issuance of certificates and permits are affected: training, examinations, and the assessment of applications in the regions.

Training and certification examination for the sale and use of pesticides

The Société de formation à distance des commissions scolaires du Québec (SOFAD) offers two solutions for people whose training has been cancelled:

These training options include the learning guide, homework, tutoring, and registration for the examination. Other training can be accessed online for certain sectors of activity. Contact your regional association for more information.

Examinations leading to certification that is valid for five years are now available online on the SOFAD site for all sectors of pesticide sales and use:

  • Agriculture (subclasses E1, E2, E3, E5, CD8);
  • Aerial (subclass CD1);
  • Aquatic (subclass CD2);
  • Raw land (subclass CD3);
  • Ornamental horticulture (subclass CD4);
  • Pest management (subclass CD5);
  • Fumigation (subclass CD6)
  • Forest areas (subclass CD7);
  • Stinging insects (subclass CD9);
  • Application in buildings for horticultural purposes (subclass CD10);
  • Wholesale and retail sales (subclasses A1, B1, B2);
  • Forest managers (subclasses F1, F1.1, F2).

Due to the current situation, online credit card payment is preferred by SOFAD.

Applications for pesticide sales and use permits and/or certificates

Electronic transmission is the preferred way to apply for pesticide sales and use permits and/or certificates.

Once filled out, please submit the permit or certificate application form This hyperlink will open in a new window. or renewal notice  to your regional office by email, along with any required documentation and then pay any applicable fees. To facilitate electronic application, the Ministère accepts digital copies and/or clear and readable photos of the signed form, renewal notice, certificate of positive test results, competence report and any other required documentation.

Companies and municipalities can now pay by bank transfer. An invoice number will be sent to you as soon as you file your application, to enable you to make payment. Payment can also be made by cheque or money order.

New certificate applications can also be filed via the online service This hyperlink will open in a new window.. Online payments can likewise be made using this tool.