1. Home  
  2. Education  
  3. CEGEP  
  4. College diplomas and official documents  
  5. Correction of information appearing on a DCS

Correction of information appearing on a DCS

You can obtain a new original of your Diploma of College Studies (DCS) incorporating corrected information (i.e. last name, first name) free of charge.

To do so, you must:

  • obtain from the competent authority an official document attesting to the changes made (e.g. a change of name certificate issued by the Directeur de l’état civil)
  • present this official document to your college so that it can input the required changes into your academic record
  • mail a written request for a reprint of the original diploma, indicating the information to be corrected, as well as your original DCS

Requests are processed within 10 working days. Additional time must be allowed for delivery by mail.

Mail the documents to:

  • Address

    Direction du soutien aux établissements et de la gouvernance
    Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur 
    1035, rue De La Chevrotière, 12e étage 
    Québec (Québec)  G1R 5A5 

  • Phone numbers

    Québec City area: 418-266-1337

    Toll-free elsewhere in Québec: 1-877-266-1336

  • Emails

Last update: April 4, 2024


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec