The Intern Perseverance and Success Scholarship for Various Programs in Education, Health and Social Services is intended to encourage students to persevere in and successfully complete their studies.
Eligible study programs are offered at the vocational level, the technical college level and the university level. The amount of the scholarship is based on:
- the program
- the importance of internships to the program
- the scope of the final compulsory internship
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled in the final compulsory internship for one of the targeted programs
- Be enrolled in a public or private educational institution located in Québec and recognized by the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur
- Complete the internship in Québec, except for exceptional circumstances, and in a public, subsidized private or community institution. Such exceptional circumstances allow student interns to complete their internship in a region adjoining Québec (e.g. Gatineau-Ottawa), provided they have access to public transit that allows them to travel each day between their usual place of residence and their internship workplace.
- Complete the internship between September 1 and August 31 of the award year in question.
You are not eligible if :
- You have already received the total amount provided under the program for the same study program
- You are completing an internship in an employee or probationary capacity with the exception of final internship in education, where a maximum of five days of remunerated substitute teaching is allowed during the internship
- You are receiving a sum of money or benefiting from a bursary outside of the Québec Loans and Bursaries Program, conditional upon completion of the internship
Use Your Studient Financial Assistance File to have your application processed faster. The Ministère will have your educational institution’s student aid or administrative office validate the application. A notice of the decision will be placed in your file.
If you are unable to use this service, you may mail the form and a void cheque to the address as shown.
The deadline for submitting an application is 60 days after the start of the internship, failing which the application could be refused.
Study programs and scholarship amounts
Vocational training programs (DVS)
- Institutional and Home Care Assistant, Assistance in Health Care Facilities and Home Care Assistance ($900)
- Health, Assistance and Nursing ($1 000)
Technical programs (DCS)
- Nursing ($2 500)
- Early Childhood Education ($2 300) - Please note that this program does not cover the scholarships granted by the Ministère de la Famille for the first and second internships in this program of study
- Special Care Counselling ($2 300)
- Respiratory and Anaesthesia Technology ($2 200)
- Social Service ($2 200)
- Bachelor of education leading to a teaching diploma ($3 900)
- Bachelor of Midwifery ($4 000)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing ($2 800)
- Bachelor of Social Work ($2 700)
- Master of education leading to a teaching diploma ($3 900)
- Master of Special Education ($2 500)
- Master in Communication Sciences and Disorders – Speech-Language Pathology ($2 600)
- Master of Psychoeducation ($2 700)
- Master of Social Work ($2 700)
You will receive the first installment at the beginning of the internship, which accounts for one half of the total amount of the scholarship. The second installment will be made once the educational institution confirms you have successfully completed your internship.
You will receive a tax slip for your tax return. The scholarship received must be declared on the Intern Perseverance and Sucess Scholarships for Various Programs line of your application for financial assistance from the Loans and Bursaries Program, if it was awarded during the concerned calendar year. If your application for financial assistance under the Loans and Bursaries Program was sent before you received this scholarship, you must complete the Declaration of Change form using Your Student Financial Assistance File in order to amend the information you previously reported.
Repeating an internship
If you failed or abandoned your internship and subsequently retake it, you must resubmit your application for the scholarship. Since you have already received the first installment of the scholarship, you will only receive the second installment upon successful completion of your internship.
If you abandoned your internship in the first 30 days and do not repeat it no later than the following school year, you must repay the amount received.
If you are dissatisfied - available recourse
Are you dissatisfied with a service received or a decision made? You have recourse rights: you can make a complaint.
Last update: September 23, 2021