Monitoring the Progress of Your File
Analysis of your application
The Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur will analyse your application and check your eligibility. You will receive a response or request for further information if any documents remain to be provided.
Transfer of applications to the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC)
The Ministère transfers all applications received to the CMEC for the pan-Canadian draw.
If you qualify, you will receive an email from the CMEC that explains how to access your personal profile on the program’s official website . You can then monitor the progress of your file and make any needed changes to your contact information.
It is important to add the CMEC email source address (email@example.com) to your list of trusted senders.
The random draw will not yet have occurred when you receive the CMEC email. As such, there is no use in contacting us to ask when the draw will take place or to learn the results.
If you have received nothing from the CMEC by the mid of March
Initial random draw (April)
If your application is selected during the random draw:
- The educational institution will contact you by email to so inform you. There is no need to try to contact the program directors during the first week after the draw.
- You need to accept or decline the offered spot.
- As soon as possible, send a preliminary response to the educational institution.
- Confirm your registration by paying the non-refundable $275 registration fee within 10 business days of the date of the institution’s email offer.
Respond as soon as possible to the offer from the educational institution, stating that you have decided to decline the spot offered to you.
To be placed on the waiting list after declining an offer
- You need to be able to confirm that you declined an offer (for example, by providing a copy of the email to the institution in which you declined the offer).
- Then make any required changes to your preferences in your CMEC file. Pay particular attention to changes in the “other choices” section (for example, if you have indicated “any province” or “any session,” etc.) and make sure that the school whose offer you just declined is not on the list of your possible choices.
You then need to contact Aide financière aux études client services and ask to be placed on the waiting list.
You do not receive an offer
You are wait-listed for additional draws.
Applicants who did not receive an offer will be given priority in the additional draws.
Additional draws to fill available spots at educational institutions are held each week from among the names on the waiting list.
The steps for accepting or declining an offer and going back on the waiting list are the same as those that apply to the initial draw, with the following exception:
If you are offered a spot in an additional draw, you will have fewer than 5 days and sometimes only 24-48 hours to respond and confirm your participation in the program.
Even if you decline an offer, you can still apply to Explore in a later year, as long as you still meet the program’s eligibility requirements.
Places cannot be transferred or postponed except in exceptional, serious and unforeseeable situations. All requests of this kind must be first submitted in writing to the Québec Explore Program Coordinator. If the request is approved at this level, it will then need to be authorized by the CMEC.
If your application was not selected in the random draw
You could still participate in the immersion course by applying directly to the educational institution. The cost of the course varies from $3000 to $4000. Not all schools offer this type of immersion course.
Prior to the February 15 application deadline
You need to send us a signed letter that includes the following information:
- the word “Explore” in the subject line
- your first and last names
- your Permanent Code
- your initial choices
- your desired changes, in order of priority
- the session to which the changes apply (spring or summer)
You may submit your documents in any of the following ways:
- Log in to your online file, click on the Uploading a document tab, digitize the fully-executed documents and upload them to Required documents.
- Mail them to:
1035, rue De La Chevrotière
Québec (Québec) G1R 5A5
- Fax them to 418-644-3158.
After your application has been transferred to the CMEC
You can make changes to your choice of school or session after Québec transfers your file to the CMEC, but only after the initial draw has taken place.
All you need to do is access your profile on the official Explore Program website.
Don’t forget to check whether your current choices (“both sessions,” “any province,” etc.) are still valid before you confirm any changes.
For more information, please contact Aide financière aux études Client Services.