The Loans Program for Part-time Studies Québec students with insufficient financial resources to pursue part-time secondary school level vocational training, college or university studies.
You are eligible for the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies if:
- you are a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident, refugee or protected person status as set out in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- you reside in Québec when applying for financial assistance
- you are a part-time student, not deemed full-time
- you are enrolled at a recognized educational institution
- your courses comprise the following number of credits or course hours:
- Secondary school vocational training: 76 to 179 course hours
- College: 76 to 179 course hours
- University (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs): 6 to 11 credits
- you have not exceeded the maximum number of months of studies for which financial assistance can be awarded
- you have not reached the established Loans Program for Part-Time Studies debt limit
If you are enrolled in distance education, you can qualify for the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies, as long as both your educational institution and program are recognized by the Ministère.
You are not eligible for the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies if:
- you are enrolled in courses as an auditor
- you are enrolled in language courses that are not part of a recognized program
- another government department or other body is paying your educational expenses and/or childcare expenses for a term
- you are enrolled in a distance-only program at an educational institution outside Québec
- you are an independent student outside Québec
- you receive student financial assistance from a government other than the Québec government
Educational expenses and/or childcare expenses coverage
You will not qualify for the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies if another government department or other body is paying your educational expenses and/or childcare expenses for a term.
Loans and Bursaries Program
You cannot qualify for the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies if you are already a beneficiary of the Loans and Bursaries Program. Only one of these programs can be used in a given term.
For more information, please contact Aide financière aux études Client Services.