If financial assistance is awarded to you under the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies, you will receive it as a loan on a term-by-term basis.
The amount that is awarded to you is based on a preliminary calculation that establishes your eligibility for a loan.
The following factors are considered in the calculation:
- your student category
- the number of your dependent children and whether or not you are a single parent
- your income and the income of your parents, sponsor or spouse, if applicable
- your eligibility threshold
Once we determine your student category, we establish your eligibility threshold. This figure is calculated as a function of the base amount for your category and other amounts that correspond to related factors, if any. If your income is less than your eligibility threshold, you will receive a loan.
- Student with no parental or sponsor’s contribution: $43 575
- Student with a spousal contribution: $62 250
- Student with a parental or sponsor’s contribution: $62 250
The eligibility income threshold ($43 575 or $62 250, depending on your situation) is increased on the basis of your family responsibilities. For each dependent child, add $3119. If you are a single parent, add a further $2336.