We issue the tax slips needed for your income tax returns each year.
You will receive a tax slip if any of the following situations applies to you:
- You had a loan-to-bursary conversion during the fiscal year
- You were awarded a loan remission amount
- You repaid a bursary overpayment amount
- You repaid interest on your student loan to the Collection Department
- You have a major functional disability and receive all your assistance as a bursary
- You have received a scholarship as part of the Intern Perseverance and Success Scholarship for Various Programs in Education, Health and Social Services.
Aide financière aux études issues the following types of tax slips:
- Relevé 1 (employment and other income) and T4A
During the academic year, all the financial assistance awarded to you is paid as a loan. At the end of the academic year – after the last instalment payment and following an income verification with Revenu Québec – the government repays the bursary part of your financial assistance to your financial institution. This is called the loan-to-bursary conversion.
The amount shown on your Relevé 1 is the amount converted to a bursary, the amount of a loan remission or the amount of a scholarship received as part of the Intern Perseverance and Success Scholarship for Various Programs in Education, Health and Social Services. The Relevé 1 may also show the total sum of several of these amounts.
If you have a major functional disability, the amount shown on your Relevé 1 corresponds to the total amount of the payments you received during the year in question.
- Tax slip – Bursary overpayment
This letter confirms the amount you paid to repay a bursary overpayment.
- Tax slip – Student loan interest
This letter confirms the amount you paid during the year to the Collection Department for accrued interest on your student loan debt.
You may consent to only receiving the documents you need for your tax returns in electronic form by indicating this choice in the Your Information tab of your Online File, taking care to provide a valid email address.
During the month of February, the tax slips you need for your tax returns are added to your Online File in the Tax Slips tab and, if you have so requested, are mailed to the physical address shown in your file.
If no tax documents are shown in your Online File in the Tax Slips tab by March 1, none will be issued to you by Aide financière aux études for the year in question.
Last update: June 17, 2020