A sponsor is someone who has undertaken to support a student who is awarded permanent residency, refugee or protected person status. Sponsors are not guardians as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. If you are deemed a sponsor according to these criteria, you need to fill out a declaration form.
Please note that no assessment of financial assistance can be added to the student’s file until we have received your declaration form.
The following information is required in your declaration:
- Your contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number
- The student’s identification information, including the Permanent Code
- Identity information of other dependants, including their Permanent Codes, if any
- Your gross income as noted on line 199 of your tax return
You should use Online Services to fill out and submit your declaration. If you are unable to submit your document electronically, you may mail it to us.
Gross income declared in another province or country but not reported to Revenu Québec
You must provide a copy of your tax return from the other province or country for the stipulated period. If you had income in a country where tax returns do not exist, one of the following documents must be provided:
- A copy of a letter from your employer(s) that confirms your total income from January 1 to December 31 of the year in question, in local or Canadian currency
- A copy of a letter from the embassy of the country that confirms your total income from January 1 to December 31 of the year in question, in local or Canadian currency
Income drop of 10%
If your income drops by 10% or more during the current year compared to the previous calendar year, you can let us know by filling out the Declaration of income drop of at least 10% form. We will then take your current calendar year income into account in determining your contribution.
Please use the appropriate form:
Last update: May 21, 2020