If you are the spouse of a student as defined in the Program, you need to fill out a declaration form.
Please note that no assessment of financial assistance can be added to the student’s file until we have received your declaration form.
The following information is required in your declaration:
- Your contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number
- The student’s identification information, including the Permanent Code
- Your gross income as noted on line 199 of your tax return
Your income information must be accurate. We systematically cross-check your declared income with Revenu Québec.
You need to use online Services to fill out the Declaration of Spouse . If you are unable to submit the document electronically, you can mail it to us.
Gross income declared in another province or country but not reported to Revenu Québec
You must provide a copy of your tax return from the other province or country for the stipulated period. If you had income in a country where tax returns do not exist, one of the following documents must be provided:
- A copy of a letter from your employer(s) that confirms your total income from January 1 to December 31 of the year in question, in local or Canadian currency
- A copy of a letter from the embassy of the country that confirms your total income from January 1 to December 31 of the year in question, in local or Canadian currency
Income drop of 10%
If your income drops by 10% or more during the current year compared to the previous calendar year, you can let us know by filling out the Declaration of income drop of at least 10% form. We will then take your current calendar year income into account in determining your contribution.
Last update: June 17, 2020