Would you like to learn, develop your skills and abilities and take the first steps toward participating in an employment assistance program? The Action program provides support and customized objectives so that you can learn at your own pace.
The Action program provides learning opportunities through a variety of activities carried out in non-profit organizations, focusing on, for example:
- developing self-awareness
- knowing your rights
- recognizing stress and learning how to cope
- carrying out certain tasks in a learning environment
It also offers activities focused on basic knowledge, such as:
- using a computer, etc.
Contact your local employment centre (CLE).
Frequently asked questions about this program
Is any financial assistance available?
Participants in the Action program may be entitled to:
- a $130 monthly allowance in addition to their basic social assistance benefit
- reimbursement of their transportation and childcare expenses
What kind of time commitment is required?
20 hours a week, with a possibility of gradual labour market integration.
Last update: November 7, 2019