If you want to find a job but don't know where to start or even what job would suit you best, the Job Readiness measure may be for you. It can help you identify your personal goals and the activities that can help you achieve them. Examples include:
- career counselling
- information sessions on the labour market
- assistance with your job search
- internships and job shadowing
- training to help you develop the skills you need
Who is this program designed for?
To qualify to this program, you must:
- be unemployed or be having trouble finding a job
- be able to show that you need help in developing personal skills and holding a job
This program is offered by organizations specializing in fostering worker employability. To find out if you are eligible, contact your local employment centre (CLE).
An assistance officer will assess your personal situation and help you determine whether this program is right for you.
Frequently asked questions about this program
Is any financial assistance available?
You could receive an employment-assistance allowance, the amount of which depends on your personal circumstances. You could also be reimbursed for costs such as child care and transportation expenses, if applicable.
What kind of time commitment is required?
At least 20 hours per week.
Last update: November 7, 2019