A Job Integration Company Experience
If you want to join the workforce but need further training and support first, job integration companies can help. They can provide you with a professional experience lasting about 6 months that combines vocational or technical training with personal and social learning opportunities.
Who can participate in the Expérience en entreprise d’insertion program?
To qualify for the program, you must meet one of the following conditions:
- Be receiving social assistance
- Be receiving employment insurance benefits
- Be unemployed and not be receiving any government income support
How does the program work?
The job integration company treats you like a full-time employee (you work 35 hours a week), while enabling you to take courses that can help you to:
- Upgrade your skills and know-how
- Adopt professional attitudes and behaviours
- Decide on a career path
- Start actively looking for work
Financial assistance for the program
The company will pay you minimum wage or the starting wages paid in the industry.
How to apply for the program
To apply for this program offered by job integration companies, contact your local employment centre (CLE) . The CLE will be able to tell you whether or not you are eligible.