Job for the future Chemical Technologists and Technicians
Average hourly wage
These people provide support and technical services in various fields (engineering, research, industrial chemistry, environmental protection, etc.). They work in:
- Consulting and engineering firms
- The chemical, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries
- Manufacturing and processing plants
- Public utilities
- The fields of health and education
- Government institutions
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer having responsibilities, influencing others and responding to challenges.
- Prepare and carry out experiments, tests, and chemical analyses.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Compile and analyze data.
- Implement sampling and analysis programs to ensure product compliance with quality standards.
- Participate in the development of health and safety standards and measures.
- Run pilot chemical or petrochemical plants.
- Assess air and water quality, develop environmental protection standards, and ensure compliance.
- Participate in drug creation and experimental device design.
DCS in laboratory Technology
DCS in laboratory Technology (Analytical Chemistry)
Placement rate: 64.9%
29.7% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in laboratory Technology (Biotechnology)
Placement rate: 53.3%
42.2% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in pharmaceutical Production Technology
Placement rate: 90%
5% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in techniques de procédés industriels
Placement rate: 90.3%
3.2% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in technologie de l'eau
Placement rate: 70%
10% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in technologie des procédés et de la qualité des aliments
Placement rate: 91.4%
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023