Job for the future Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
Average hourly wage
These individuals provide support and services for the design and maintenance of machines, parts, power plants, and manufacturing facilities. They work for:
- Consulting engineering firms
- Manufacturing and processing plants
- Government services
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer specific, well-defined tasks. They like to respect the order of things and follow established rules.
- Develop and interpret plans, drawings, and technical specifications for machinery and installations such as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Estimate costs and materials required for certain projects.
- Set work standards and timelines.
- Determine the performance, capacity, and strength of machinery and equipment.
- Program numerically controlled machines.
- Design prototypes, moulds, tools, dies, jigs, and accessories used in manufacturing.
- Ensure quality control during manufacture and maintenance.
- Produce contracts and bids.
- Inspect and supervise work and construction projects.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of mechanical facilities.
DCS in building Systems Technology
Placement rate: 69.7%
27.6% of graduates pursue further studies
ACS in conception de base en mécanique du bâtiment
DCS in mechanical Engineering Technology
Placement rate: 39.4%
59.5% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in techniques de génie aérospatial
Placement rate: 50%
47.6% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in techniques de génie du plastique
Placement rate: 85.7%
14.3% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in technologie de l'architecture navale
Placement rate: 57.1%
28.6% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in technologie du génie des matériaux composites
Placement rate: 47.1%
52.9% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023