Job for the future Industrial Designers
Average hourly wage
These individuals draw manufactured products. They are self-employed and work in manufacturing and design companies.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer to express their emotions and thoughts through various art forms. They like to use their imagination.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- Consult future users of the products, analyze the projected usage, and collect their preferences.
- Establish the requirements to be met.
- Research costs, material properties, and production methods.
- Make drawings, sketches, or models.
- Develop manufacturing plans, technical specifications, and production instructions.
- Build prototypes.
- Collaborate with engineers and production staff.
DCS in industrial Design Techniques
Placement rate: 55.6%
42.6% of graduates pursue further studies
Placement rate: 66.7%
17.6% of graduates pursue further studies
Placement rate: 93.3%
6.7% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023