Job for the future Chiropractors
Average hourly wage
These individuals diagnose, treat, and prevent neuromusculoskeletal (NMS) disorders. They assess the associated dysfunctions and determine the appropriate treatment plan. They perform corrective manipulations related to the spine, nervous system and joints in order to maintain or restore health. They work in private practice alone or in collaboration with other health professionals.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- Conduct a clinical interview with the person to gather information about their medical history and the reason for consulting.
- Perform physical and radiological examinations as required.
- Make a diagnosis and determine if chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Recommend a treatment plan tailored to the individual’s needs and obtain written consent.
- Perform various manual therapy techniques such as spinal manipulations (chiropractic adjustment), mobilizations, soft tissue work, etc.
- Determine the frequency of treatment required.
- Monitor the person’s progress and modify treatment, if necessary, as their condition changes.
- Prescribe exercise programs adapted to the person’s needs.
- Refer individuals to other professionals when their condition requires it or further assessment is required.
- Make recommendations and provide health advice.
Placement rate: 89.3%
7.1% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023