Job for the future Other Medical Technologists and Technicians
Average hourly wage
Pharmacy Technical Assistants assist Pharmacists in their duties.
Dietary Technicians assist dieticians and nutritionists in food service operations.
Ocularists design, manufacture, and fit ocular prostheses.
Prosthetics and Orthotics Technologists and Technicians make, fit, and repair prosthetic and orthotic devices.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer to express their emotions and thoughts through various art forms. They like to use their imagination.
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
Pharmacy Technical Assistants
- Assist pharmacists with drug inventory and records.
- Verify the accuracy of information recorded on prescriptions.
- Enter customer information into databases.
- Prepare medications and mix oral solutions, ointments, and creams.
- Produce invoices for insurance.
- Assist with scheduling and workflow planning as required.
- Assist dieticians or nutritionists in planning and supervising food service operations.
- Assist in the planning of menus and diets.
- Participate in the supervision of staff that prepares and serves food.
- Help customers complete their menu.
- Collaborate in research on food, nutrition, and food service systems.
- Design, manufacture, clean, repair, and fit prosthetic eyes and implants.
- Paint irises and pupils on prosthetic eyes.
- Advise customers.
- Repair and maintain manufacturing and laboratory equipment.
- Consult ophthalmologists regarding the insertion of ocular prostheses.
Prosthetists, Orthotists, and Prosthetics and Orthotics Technologists and Technicians.
- Design, manufacture, repair, modify, and adjust prosthetic and orthopaedic devices.
- Interpret doctor’s orders.
- Examine and measure clients to develop sketches of devices.
- Make and modify plaster casts of the area to be fitted with a prosthesis or orthotic.
- Teach clients how to use and maintain the prosthesis or orthosis.
- Supervise and direct the activities of other workers in the field.
DVS in assistance technique en pharmacie
Placement rate: 86%
9.1% of graduates pursue further studies
DVS in pharmacy Technical Assistance
Placement rate: 80.5%
7% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in orthèses, prothèses et soins orthopédiques
Placement rate: 90%
6.7% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in techniques de diététique
Placement rate: 72.7%
22.3% of graduates pursue further studies
DCS in techniques de pharmacie
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023