Job for the future Licensed Practical Nurses
Average hourly wage
These individuals contribute to the assessment of patient health status and the implementation of their care plan. They provide care and treatment in collaboration with other health care professionals. This group includes operating room technicians. They work in homes or in:
- Residential and long-term care centres (CHSLD)
- Rehabilitation centres
- Clinical research centres
- Doctor’s offices and medical clinics
- Private residences for the elderly
- Community organizations
- Insurance companies
- Educational institutions
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- Establish a relationship of trust with patients and their loved ones and inform them of the care required.
- Provide nursing care to prevent, maintain, or restore health, or to provide the best possible quality of life for patients.
- Contribute to the assessment of the health status of individuals and the implementation of their care plan.
- Provide palliative care.
- Administer medications and treat wounds.
- Write notes on patients’ condition, care, and medications.
- Transmit, receive, and consider patient information.
- Identify, plan, and prioritize interventions according to the situation, the prescription, and the established plans, in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Assist surgical teams by preparing instruments and applying the procedures necessary for the operation.
- Perform activities reserved for auxiliary nurses, such as taking samples according to a prescription or assisting with immunization.
DVS in health, Assistance and Nursing
Placement rate: 75.8%
10.3% of graduates pursue further studies
DVS in santé, assistance et soins infirmiers
Placement rate: 83%
9.6% of graduates pursue further studies
STC in soins palliatifs
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023