Job for the future Ambulance and Paramedical Staff
Average hourly wage
These individuals provide pre-hospital emergency care. They care for injured or sick people and transport them to medical centres for further care. This group includes supervisors.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- Determine the severity of injury or illness of victims to provide emergency care and give necessary medication.
- Provide pre-hospital care and emergency treatment to individuals (cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), intravenous fluids, bandages, etc.).
- Use air, land, or sea transportation to bring patients to medical centres.
- Check with ambulance dispatch centres, police, firefighters, and patients’ relatives to provide the right treatment.
- Document and record the nature of injuries and illnesses and the treatment given.
- Assist hospital staff in providing medical care, as required.
- Maintain ambulances, equipment, and supplies needed for emergency care.
- Train and supervise staff.
- Assist in the triage of persons in emergency situations, as required.
Most training programs are offered in French only.
DCS in prehospital Emergency Care
Code : 181A0
Placement rate: 92.6%
4.2% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023