Job for the future Nurse Aides, Orderlies, and Patient Attendants
Average hourly wage
These individuals help nurses, hospital staff, and doctors. They provide assistance in giving basic care to patients. They work in:
- Rehabilitation centres
- Residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs)
- Local Community Service Centres (CLSCs)
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer specific, well-defined tasks. They like to respect the order of things and follow established rules.
- Assist patients in their daily routine (washing, feeding, turning, dressing, etc.).
- Organize and propose activities to patients and accompany them.
- Supervise series of exercises performed by patients.
- Provide basic medical care (measuring vital signs, administering first aid, taking urine samples, etc.) as directed by nursing and hospital staff.
- Prepare and drive patients who are to undergo treatment or surgery.
- Deliver messages, reports, requests, and specimens from one department to another.
- Make beds and ensure the cleanliness of the rooms.
- Maintain supply inventory.
- Install, maintain, wash, sterilize, and repair equipment.
- Transport patients from one health care facility to another, as required.
DVS in assistance à la personne en établissement et à domicile
Placement rate: 79.6%
12.3% of graduates pursue further studies
DVS in institutional and Home Care Assistance
Placement rate: 78.8%
15.1% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023