Job for the future Psychologists
Average hourly wage
These individuals are experts in behaviour, emotions, and mental health. They assess and diagnose the psychological functioning, and behavioural, emotional, and cognitive disorders of clients. They identify, recommend, and carry out appropriate interventions and treatments for their clients. They counsel and treat them to help maintain or improve their functioning (psychological, social, emotional, etc.). Information, health promotion, prevention of suicide, illness, accidents, and social problems are part of their professional practice. These individuals are either self-employed or in:
- The public service (federal, provincial, or municipal)
- The health network
- The education community (primary, secondary, college, university)
- Private firms
- Consulting firms
- Non-profit organizations
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
- People with this profile prefer to express their emotions and thoughts through various art forms. They like to use their imagination.
- Examine clients, assess their behaviours, and diagnose behavioural, emotional, and cognitive disorders.
- Identify and implement interventions or treatments that can help individuals.
- Help people manage difficulties, develop or adapt personally, socially, and professionally.
- Offer mediation services.
- Administer standardized psychological tests to assess cognitive functions such as attention and memory.
- Develop and evaluate intervention programs.
- Recommend consultations with physicians if clients require medication.
- Research and publish educational texts and articles.
- Give lectures and workshops.
- Provide consulting services to various organizations.
Placement rate: 35.3%
60.2% of graduates pursue further studies
Placement rate: 23.3%
69.8% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023