Job for the future Industrial Electricians
Average hourly wage
These individuals install and maintain industrial electrical equipment. They maintain and repair related electrical and electronic controls.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer specific, well-defined tasks. They like to respect the order of things and follow established rules.
- Read and interpret diagrams, circuit plans, and electrical code specifications.
- Install and repair various components (electrical cables, outlets, switch boxes, etc.).
- Experiment with electrical and electronic equipment and components.
- Maintain, repair, and install switchgear, regulating transformers, and reactors.
- Maintain, repair, and install electric motors, generators, alternators, and control systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and maintain maintenance records.
DVS in automated Systems Electromechanics
Placement rate: 74.4%
14.3% of graduates pursue further studies
DVS in Électromécanique de systèmes automatisés
Placement rate: 82.4%
12.9% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: March 17, 2023