Job for the future Bricklayers
Average hourly wage
These individuals lay bricks, concrete blocks, and stones. They build or repair walls, chimneys, fireplaces, and so on.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer specific, well-defined tasks. They like to respect the order of things and follow established rules.
- People with this profile prefer to be in contact with others, in particular to entertain, help or teach them.
- Read diagrams and plans to calculate the materials required.
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks according to specifications.
- Build and line factory chimneys with bricks.
- Line heating installations (ovens, fireplaces, boilers, etc.).
- Cover surfaces (e.g. walls).
- Construct and install structures from prefabricated masonry elements.
- Build terraces, low walls, or other decorative work.
- Refurbish, clean, or paint existing structures.
Most training programs are offered in French only.
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023