Job for the future Floor Covering Installers
Average hourly wage
These individuals install floor coverings (wood, linoleum, vinyl, etc.) in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer specific, well-defined tasks. They like to respect the order of things and follow established rules.
- Inspect, measure, and mark surfaces to be covered.
- Cut and fit underlays and carpets.
- Spread and fix carpets.
- Cut and install flexible covering.
- Install hardwood siding.
- Inspect and repair damaged siding.
- Estimate the cost of materials and labour, as required.
Most training programs are offered in French only.
- All regions/national
Last update: April 28, 2023