Job for the future Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Mechanics
Average hourly wage
These individuals install and repair air conditioning and refrigeration systems. They also operate combined heating, ventilation, and refrigeration systems.
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer having responsibilities, influencing others and responding to challenges.
- Read and interpret plans, drawings, or other specifications.
- Measure and determine benchmarks for installation.
- Assemble, install, and start up refrigeration or air conditioning components and combined systems.
- Measure and cut pipes and connect them.
- Carry out leak tests.
- Recharge installations with a refrigerant.
- Perform routine maintenance and service.
- Repair and replace parts and components of complete systems.
- Install, maintain, and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks, as required.
- Estimate costs and provide quotations, as required.
Most training programs are offered in French only.
DVS in réfrigération
Code : 5315
Placement rate: 92.6%
5.8% of graduates pursue further studies
- All regions/national
Last update: March 17, 2023