Earning a diploma of vocational or technical studies (DEP, AEC or DEC) can be your ticket to a good job. The Ma place au soleil program allows you to finish high school, get a diploma and find a job in an occupation where there is a high demand for workers.
If you need assistance with your education, counselling and support services may also be provided.
Who is this program designed for?
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- be under 25 and have a dependent child
- be unemployed, and
- be eligible for employment insurance, or be receiving social assistance, or not be receiving any public income support
Are you receiving benefits under the Québec Parental Insurance Plan ? You could be eligible if:
- you're at risk of losing your job
- you are underemployed (part-time work, low wages, or work that does not make full use of your skills)
Every case is unique. An assistance officer at your local employment centre (CLE) will assess your needs and situation.
Drop by your local employment centre to ask for an assessment of your needs and find out whether Ma place au solei is right for you.
Find your local employment centre (CLE) .
Frequently asked questions about this program
Is any financial assistance available?
Yes. The amount of financial assistance depends on your situation and is determined when you enrol.
You may also be entitled to reimbursement of the following expenses:
- child care expenses
- transportation expenses
- training expenses, including tuition fees and educational materials
Can my spouse sign up for the Ma place au soleil program?
Yes, both young parents may take part in the Ma place au soleil program. If one spouse isn't participating, he or she may take advantage of another Emploi-Québec program.
Last update: October 9, 2020