If you would like to be able to work in both Québec and Ontario, the Ontario-Quebec Trade and Cooperation Agreement facilitates labour mobility between these two provinces.
You can take advantage of the Ontario-Québec agreement if:
- You live in Québec, obtained your certificate of qualification in Québec and want to work in Ontario
- You live in Ontario, obtained your certificate of qualification in Ontario and want to work in Québec
You live in Québec
If you live in Québec and hold a valid certificate of qualification in the area of gas, fuel-oil heating, mechanical conveyor systems mechanics or stationary engine mechanics issued by Emploi-Québec and would like to practise your trade in Ontario, contact the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) to obtain the corresponding certificate:
- Gas and fuel-oil heating
- Stationary engine mechanics
- Mechanical conveyor systems mechanics — Elevated platforms
- Mechanical conveyor systems mechanics — Mechanical lifts
See the table of certificates issued by the TSSA to residents of Québec (French only) (PDF, 236 Ko) .
You live in Ontario
If you live in Ontario and hold a certificate of qualification that is valid in that province, you do not need to obtain a Québec certificate to practise the following trades:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning systems mechanic
If you want to practise in Québec one of the other trades for which both provinces issue certificates of qualification and you hold a certificate that is valid in Ontario, you have to apply to Emploi-Québec for a Québec certificate. You will not have to go through the full application process, although you will have to pay the required fee.
Emploi-Québec recognizes various certificates of qualification issued by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) and the Ontario College of Trades.
See the table of certificates issued by Emploi-Québec to residents of Ontario (French only) (PDF, 253 Ko) .
Submitting an application to Emploi-Québec under the Ontario-Québec agreement
- Consult the Information Guide — Enrolment Application — Qualification Program (PDF, 1,9 Mo) .
- Complete the Enrolment Application — Qualification Program (PDF, 252 Ko) .
- Pay the required fee to obtain your certificate of qualification (see the fee information, Current fees [PDF, 34 Ko] );
- Mail your application to the following address:
Centre administratif de la qualification professionnelle
Case postale 100
Victoriaville (Québec) G6P 6S4
You can also contact the Centre at 1-866-393-0067 (toll free).
- Montréal area
- Elsewhere in Quebec
1‑877‑767-8773 (toll free)
- Office hours and other ways to contact us