Would you like to start your own business or become a self-employed worker? If you're eligible for the Support for Self-Employment measure, you could receive financial assistance to develop a business plan and start your own business or create your own job.
To be eligible, your project must:
- be viable
- meet a local need
- not create unfair competition for similar businesses in the same region
Who is this program designed for?
You may be eligible for this program if one of the following applies to you:
- you are receiving employment insurance benefits
- you are receiving social assistance
- you are unemployed and not receiving government income support
- you are working but you have precarious employment
The Support for Self-Employment measure is designed to help you find work and join the labour market.
Contact your local employment centre (CLE).
Find your local employment centre (CLE) .
Last update: November 7, 2019