Disaster Recovery Technicians
These individuals restore property or buildings damaged in a disaster (fire, flood, contamination, etc.). They work at the site of the disaster and in workshops (for furniture restoration).
- Controlled ambient temperature
- Climatic conditions
- Hazardous chemical
- Biological agents
- Nontoxic dust
- Uncontrolled ambient temperature
- Fire, steam, hot surfaces
- Assess the condition of damaged surfaces.
- Restore the premises and assets to their original condition following the company’s restoration protocols.
- Choose the disposal methods that are the least harmful to the environment.
- Pack damaged items and load them into a vehicle.
- Interview those affected and record the information obtained.
- Specify the nature of the damage to the site and property.
Training and requirements
- Certificate of training in general health and safety on construction sites.
- Training from the Certification Institute for Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) in carpet cleaning is sometimes required.
- A Class 5 driver's licence is usually required.
Main skills and characteristics
- Data collection
- Active listening
- Oral comprehension
- Core strength
- Static muscle power
- Near vision
- Manual dexterity
- Physical flexibility in extension
Knowledge and attributes
- Capacity to establish and maintain interpersonal relations
- Capacity to adapt
- Knowledge of customer and personalized services
- Capacity to work in a team
- Respect standards and regulations
- Assiduity and punctuality
- Sense of observation
- Knowledge of buildings and construction
- Draft, communicate, and inform
- Work in transportation and maintenance
- Make, build, install
- Work manually
- Assist and advise
Personality profiles (RIASEC)
- People with this profile prefer carrying out concrete tasks and being physically involved in what they do.
- People with this profile prefer relying on theoretical knowledge before acting. They like observation, analysis and problem solving.
- People with this profile prefer specific, well-defined tasks. They like to respect the order of things and follow established rules.
Appellation d'emploi liée (à traduire)
Specialized cleaners (CNP 6732)
Sales and service
This occupation is targeted by a Workplace Apprenticeship Program
Last update: December 22, 2022