You can report a situation to the DYP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by telephone or in writing. Information on how to contact the DYP in each region of Québec is given in the Contact Informations of the DYP page.
Making a report means contacting the Director of Youth Protection (DYP) to inform him about a situation:
- That you are concerned about
- That causes you to believe that a child’s security or development is in danger
You may know that such a situation exists, for instance:
- Because the child or his parents confided in you
- Because of attitudes and behaviours that you noticed in the child or his parents
- Because of what you have seen yourself
Making a report to the DYP is a confidential process.