Emergency daycare services are provided under exceptional circumstances to parents who have no other choice. They are also reserved for the children of parents whose jobs entitle them to emergency daycare service.
In accordance with government recommendations for limiting the risks of spreading the virus, these services should only be used only by parents who are entitled to them and whose return to work leaves them no other choice. Therefore, families with one parent at home—even if that parent is teleworking—should avoid using these services.
These services are offered:
- in the entire Outaouais region, and in the Bellechasse regional county municipality
- from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- from May 3 to 7, inclusive
- to children from 4 to 13 years old who are currently attending a preschool or elementary school (public or private, in English or French)
Registration will be open for the entire Outaouais region, and in the Bellechasse regional county municipality, from April 27 to May 7, inclusive. Parents will not have to pay for emergency daycare services.
No meal services will be offered, and no snacks will be provided. Please send a cold lunch or a hot meal in an insulated container. No other types of lunches are accepted.
It is important to register each of your children for whom this service is required.
Fill out only one form for your entire family, providing information for each child.
Fill out a new form for each day of services required.
Consult the map of emergency school daycare services to locate the daycare services nearest each hospital.
You will receive an email confirming your registration. You must register your child no later than 24 hours before you require the service.
It will also be possible to register in person the morning the service is required.
Upon your arrival at the emergency daycare service, you will be required to fill out an information sheet on which you must:
- indicate the health insurance number of each child registered
- provide proof that you are entitled to the service based on your occupation (e.g. pay stub)
- specify any special needs of each child registered, (including allergies)
- specify other persons authorized to pick up each child registered (including the other parent, if applicable)
What to bring when you drop off your child
- a cold lunch or hot lunch in an insulated container, and snacks for each child registered
- an epinephrine auto-injector (EpiPen) if required for allergies (please indicate the child’s name on the injector)
- any other material your children may require if they have specific needs
- shoes to wear inside the school
At the end of the day, only the parent entitled to the service and persons authorized to pick up the children will be allowed to do so. The person picking up the children will be asked to sign each child’s information sheet.
Last update: April 28, 2021