Availability of emergency school daycare services
Emergency school daycare services are reserved exclusively for children of parents who are entitled to emergency childcare services by governmental decree. Consult the list of workers who are entitled to emergency childcare services.
These services are also available to personnel providing emergency daycare services.
To reduce the risk of spreading the virus and to comply with governmental guidelines, this service must only be used by parents who are entitled to it and for whom it is the only option allowing them to report to work. Parents who remain at home, even when they are working from home, should avoid using the service.
They will be offered:
- until May 1, inclusively
- from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- for children between the ages of 4 and 13 who are currently attending preschool or elementary school in an English- or French-language public or private school
Registrations for the following week will open each Wednesday, at 4:00 p.m.. Parents will not have to pay for emergency daycare services.
No meal services will be offered, and no snacks will be provided. Please prepare a lunchbox for your child. Only cold meals and thermoses will be accepted.
- You must register each of your children for each day they will require services.
- Fill out only one form per family, providing information for each child.
- Fill out a separate form for each day of services required.
- Consult the list (PDF 499 Kb) or the map for the daycare services nearest each hospital.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your children have been registered.
Please complete the online form to register your child. An English version of the form will be available shortly.
Upon your arrival at the emergency school daycare, you will be asked to fill out an information sheet on which you must:
- indicate the health insurance number of each child registered
- provide proof that you are entitled to the service based on your occupation (e.g. pay stub)
- specify each child’s special needs, if applicable (including allergies)
- specify the persons authorized to pick up each child registered (including the other parent, if applicable)
What to bring when you drop off your child:
- a lunch (cold lunch or thermos) and snacks for each child registered
- an epinephrine auto-injector (EpiPen) if required for allergies (please indicate the child’s name on the injector)
- any other material your child may need if they have specific needs
- shoes to move around inside the school
At the end of the day, only the parent entitled to the service and persons authorized to pick up the child will be allowed to do so. They will then be asked to sign the control sheet for each of the children registered.
Last update: March 31, 2020