Are your wages insufficient to cover the costs involved in joining the workforce?
You might qualify for a supplement to the work premium if your income is low and you have recently stopped receiving social assistance, benefits under the Youth Alternative Program or benefits under the Aim for Employment Program.
How does the program work?
The Supplement to the Work Premium is administered by Revenu Québec. It can be paid in 2 ways:
- Once a year, when you file your income tax return
- Once a month, if you complete the Application for Advance Payments .
Total payments can reach a maximum of:
- $2,400 for an independent adult
- $4,800 for a couple when both spouses are working
This is $200 a month for a maximum of 12 consecutive months.
How to obtain advance monthly payments
- Send the completed and signed Schedule P – Tax Credits Respecting the Work Premium (TP-1.D.P.) (PDF, 171 KB) to your local employment centre (CLE) or Services Québec office, which will forward it to Revenu Québec.
- You must register for direct deposit .
To find out about the options available to you, contact your local employment centre (CLE) ou votre bureau de Services Québec.
Consult the examples given in the folder Work pays … Increase Your Income by Getting Off Social Assisstance (PDF, 667 KB) .
Financial Assistance Questions
- Montréal area
- Elsewhere in Québec
1‑877‑767-8773 (toll free)
- Office hours and other ways to contact us
Last update: 07 December 2018, 08:30