Are you under 18 years of age and are you at least 20 weeks pregnant?
Are you without financial resources?
You may be eligible for monthly financial assistance from the Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale during your pregnancy.
Who is this program designed for?
To be eligible for this program, you must meet a number of conditions, including the following:
- Be referred by a local community service centre (CLSC)
- Participate in the Soutien aux jeunes parents program of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
- Not be living:
- with your parents or someone who has custody of you under a court order
- with someone who is responsible for you pursuant to a sponsorship agreement, if you are an immigrant
- in accommodation covered by the Act respecting health services and social services such as a rehabilitation centre or family-type resource (e.g. foster family)
- Have less than $1,500 in liquid assets
Find your local community service centre (CLSC) .
Financial assistance provided
The amount granted is:
- A maximum of $822 a month
- $205 per month if you live in accommodations managed by a non-profit organization that provides you with room and board. The organization must NOT be a rehabilitation centre, a group home run by a youth centre or a foster family.
Your assistance may be reduced if you receive other types of income during your pregnancy.
How to apply
Go to your local employment centre (CLE) to file your application for financial assistance. Be sure to bring your CLSC follow-up sheet (form SR-2438) signed by your CLSC caseworker.
Financial Assistance Questions
- Montréal area
- Elsewhere in Québec
1‑877‑767-8773 (toll free)
- Office hours and other ways to contact us
Last update: April 29, 2019