If you stopped receiving assistance for the Social Assistance Program, the Social Solidarity Program or the Aim for Employment Program (French only) because of your work income and you held a full-time job for 12 consecutive months, you may be eligible to receive an employment retention bonus, in the sum of $1,000.
This measure came into effect on February 1, 2018.
Who qualifies for the bonus?
You may qualify for the bonus if you meet the following conditions:
- You were the beneficiary of the Social Assistance Program, the Social Solidarity Program or the Aim for Employment Program for at least 12 months within the 24-month period immediately prior to your last benefit payment of this type.
- You have worked full-time for 12 consecutive months.
- Due to your work income, you no longer qualified for these programs as of February 1, 2018 or later.
- When you stopped receiving financial assistance under one of those programs, you were not eligible for the Supplement to the Work Premium, a refundable tax credit from Revenu Québec.
- You have not been a full-time student at an educational institution during the entire period covered by your application.
- You have not participated in any active labour market measures through public employment services, with the exception of the Contrat d'intégration au travail or the Programme de subventions aux entreprises adaptées.
- You have never received an employment retention bonus.
The job or jobs you held must meet the following criteria:
- Be full-time (minimum of 30 hours per week), unless you have a severely limited capacity for employment that justifies a reduced work week
- Be insurable employment, as per the Employment Insurance Act
- Offer the minimum working conditions deemed acceptable per the Act Respecting Labour Standards and be such that there is no danger to your health and safety or threat to your well-being
How to apply
An information letter and the required form will be sent to you 11 months after your eligibility for the Social Assistance Program, the Social Solidarity Program or the Aim for Employment Program ended, so that you can submit an application for the employment retention bonus.
You must submit your application within the 45 calendar days after the date that your 12 consecutive months of work ended.
Last update: 19 December 2018, 16:23