Reimbursement of vaccination-related transportation costs
Recipients of the social assistance and social solidarity programs can get reimbursed for transportation costs incurred for vaccination against COVID-19.
Reimbursement of those costs follows the usual rules regarding reimbursements. However, in this case, recipients have more than 30 days to send in their application.
Some conditions for reimbursements
Transportation costs incurred to receive vaccination against COVID-19 are reimbursed according to certain criteria, such as access to means of transportation and availability of means of transportation in a region.
A person whose transportation costs are reimbursed on a monthly basis (for a monthly bus pass, for instance) cannot be reimbursed for vaccination-related transportation costs.
Specific rules for evaluating an application for reimbursement apply to people who have claim slips but are not receiving any financial aid.
Costs incurred by an accompanying person can be reimbursed when the recipient’s state of health requires their presence.
In all cases, it is not necessary to obtain prior authorization from an agent before incurring the expense and asking for reimbursement.
In your application for a reimbursement, you will need to provide your file number (CP-12) as well as the following documents for each dose of vaccine you receive:
- a copy of the document proving that you received the vaccine, given to you at the appointment
- receipts for your transportation costs, like a receipt proving purchase of bus tickets, a parking receipt or taxi receipts.
Submitting your application
The required documents can
- be sent from My Account online services — Employment Assistance – Social Assistance
- be sent by mail to the closest Services Québec office
- be dropped in the document deposit boxes found at the entrance of any Services Québec office.
Lost proof of vaccination
If you lose your proof of vaccination, here’s how you should proceed to receive a new one:
- Fill and sign the Access to information on vaccines request form
- Join a photocopy of a valid identification (health insurance card of birth certificate)
- Send all documents by mail or fax to the person responsible for handling requests for access to information on vaccines in your region.
To find out this person’s coordinates, please consult the list of officers in charge of requests for access to information on vaccines .
Last update: March 29, 2021