Find out Whether You Are Eligible
Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for last-resort financial assistance.
You could also be eligible for special benefits covering the cost of:
- Optometric services
- Dental care
- Other specific needs
The amount of financial assistance you receive depends on your situation.
- If you do not have a severely limited capacity for employment, you could be eligible for the Social Assistance Program.
- If you have a severely limited capacity for employment, you could be eligible for the Social Solidarity Program. You will have to submit a medical report.
An adult who has a severely limited capacity for employment is a person who has serious health problems, meaning that the person's physical or mental condition is clearly deficient or impaired, either permanently or for an indefinite period
whose socio-professional profile (education and work experience) limits his or her capacity for employment
To be eligible for financial assistance, you must meet a number of conditions, including the following:
- Prove that your resources (cash, property, earnings, benefits and income) are equal to or less than the amounts prescribed by regulation
- Be a Québec resident
- Be 18 or over
- If you are under 18, you must be married, have been married, or be the parent of a dependent child
Financial Assistance Questions
- Montréal area
- Elsewhere in Québec
1‑877‑767-8773 (toll free)
- Office hours and other ways to contact us
- Use the SimulAide online simulation tool to find out whether you are eligible for last-resort financial assistance.
Last update: April 29, 2019