- to receive assistance, upon request, from an agent of the Ministère or an organization designated by the Ministère, namely the Red Cross, by means appropriate to the emergency situation, to facilitate your understanding of the program and, if necessary, to facilitate accessibility and to help you complete the application for financial assistance starting March 19, 2020
- to be informed as fully as possible about the rights and obligations associated with the Temporary Aid for Workers Program (TAWP COVID-19)
- to be informed in writing of the decision rendered, within a reasonable time given the circumstances, if the Ministère denies the application
You have the following obligations:
- to complete the forms provided as of March 19, 2020 and to send them to the Red Cross by the methods it has indicated, during the eligibility period for TAWP COVID-19
- to inform the Red Cross of any change in your situation that could affect your eligibility for the program
In addition, at the request of the Minister you must exercise your rights or take advantage of benefits under the Employment Insurance Act or any other government assistance program, or private compensation intended for the same situation, that you could receive under a law other than the Individual and Family Assistance Act, if the realization of such rights and benefits could affect your eligibility for the program or reduce the amount of assistance.
Failure to respect any of these obligations can result in the application being denied.
The recovery rules set out in Title III, Chapter II of the Individual and Family Assistance Act apply to TAWP COVID-19, except those specifically applying to last-resort financial assistance programs.
Administrative review process
A person to whom a decision rendered under TAWP COVID-19 applies, unless it is a decision pertaining to a claim, may apply in writing for an administrative review of the decision within 30 days of the date when the person was notified.
Steps for filing an application
- Use the Government Assistance Programs tool to determine the program that applies in your situation.
- If the tool indicates that you are eligible for the Temporary Aid for Workers Program, complete the online form to request an administrative review.
Administrative review decisions are final and not subject to review.
The administrative review decision is rendered within a reasonable time under the circumstances. It is sent to the applicant after the situation giving rise to the program has ended. However, when possible, an employee of the Ministère communicates quickly with the applicant or his or her family, by telephone or another means, to inform them of the decision.
Right to review and remedies before the Tribunal administratif du Québec (TAQ) for persons concerned by a decision relating to a claim
The provisions set out in Title III, Chapter III of the Individual and Family Assistance Act apply to claims established under the present program, except those specifically applying to last-resort financial assistance programs.
Thus, a person may request a review of a decision pertaining to a claim. To do so, the person can submit a review request in writing within 90 days after receiving the claim notice. The person must then complete the form provided on the website of the Ministère, in local employment centres and at Services Québec offices, and send it to the Minister.
The person can also contest the review decision before the TAQ within 60 days of the date of the decision notice. The form provided for that purpose is available in the offices of the TAQ.
Rule of assignment or seizure
The amount of the financial assistance paid under the TAWP COVID-19 is unassignable and unseizable.
Last update: April 20, 2020