This measure offers last-resort financial assistance to subsidized educational childcare providers. It provides funding for all or part of the remuneration associated with the hours of assistance required for the integration of children with disabilities and major needs.
Presentation and purpose
This measure is supplemental to the services offered by the health and social services network, and to the services which the provider may fund under the Allowance for integrating a disabled child (AIDC) that is included in its operating allocation.
A childcare provider is eligible if the following conditions are met:
- The provider is an educational childcare service provider under the Educational Childcare Act and has subsidized spaces.
- The provider offers services to a child with a disability aged 59 months or less
- with a deficiency causing a significant and persistent disability
- with a major need for additional support due to the significant barriers encountered during the integration process
- The provider already receives the Allowance for integrating a disabled child (AIDC) for the child for whom the claim is made.
- The provider has developed a childcare integration plan for the child.
- The provider has begun a joint process with partners to meet the child’s needs, or has an intervention plan in place that meets the child’s needs.
- Ideally the provider has an intersectorial and individualized service plan (ISP) demonstrating that all the available means available (resources, programs, measures and collaborative efforts) are being used to meet the child’s needs and support the child’s integration into childcare.
Childcare providers may obtain funding for all or part of the additional expenses incurred for the necessary hours during which a resource person provides assistance and support to a child with a disability.
Each year, a call for applications is sent to all subsidized childcare providers by email.
Providers may also claim this financial assistance throughout the year by completing the Formulaire – Demande de soutien (PDF 380 Kb) (request for assistance form, available in French only) and sending it to the regional Direction des services à la clientèle of the Ministère de la Famille. The contact information for the Direction of each region can be found at the bottom of the form.
The form must be accompanied by the child’s integration plan (PDF 689 Kb) and any other document(s) that may be useful in assessing the request for assistance.
Request for renewal
Childcare providers do not have to use the request for assistance form to submit a request a renewal.
The Ministère de la Famille will send the childcare providers concerned a specific form for renewing a claim (with or without changes) before the start of each year. Providers who wish to submit a request for renewal at another time should contact their resource person responsible for family services.
- Information guide – Request for support (PDF 73 Kb) (available in French only)
- Memory aid (PDF 510 Kb) (available in French only)
Last update: December 11, 2020