Conditions to be met if you are 18 years of age or older:
- show that your resources (money, property, earnings, benefits and income) are equal to or less than the scales set by regulation (How the benefit is calculated);
- reside in Quebec.
Conditions to be respected if you are 18 years old or younger:
- demonstrate that your resources (money, property, earnings, benefits and income) are equal to or less than the scales set by regulation (How the benefit is calculated);
- reside in Quebec;
- be married or have already been married or be the parent of a dependent child.
The financial assistance granted varies according to your situation.
Benefit amounts and payment dates
To find out the benefit amounts available, simply visit the following section: Benefit amounts for the current year.
To find out the dates on which payments are made, consult the following section: Benefit payment dates for the current year.
You can view the amount and the date of your next benefit payments in your online file.
If you have any questions concerning the Social Assistance Program or the Social Solidarity Program, call one of the numbers below:
- Montréal area: 514-873-4000
- Elsewhere in Québec: 1-877-767-8773 (toll free)
This service is available during office hours. There are also other ways to contact us .
Last update: October 13, 2021