Mission and mandates
The Québec Government Office in Los Angeles promotes the interests of Québec in the following sectors: business, investment, government institutions, education, culture and public affairs. Inaugurated in 1970, the Office serves the Western America, which includes 13 States.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaï, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
- To ensure relations with political institutions and regional organizations.
- To provide linkage between Québec and American officials during trade and political missions
- To provide information on Québec to the general public, businesses, government and the media.
- To provide liaison with local, regional and specialized media.
- To monitor regional issues of interest to Québec.
- To promote Québec culture and the Francophonie to the American public.
- To promote Québec studies in U.S. universities and develop relations between these institutions and potential Québec partners.
- To organize and promote appearances and exhibitions by Québec artists on the territory.
- To provide information and assistance to Québec businesses seeking buyers, distributors and potential partners;
- To foster partnerships and strategic alliances between Québec and American businesses;
- To provide strategic information on the West America market to Québec companies;
- To monitor regional economic and market trends;
- To attend the major trade shows and economic events on the territory;
- To provide guidance and information on Québec's business environment (taxation, regulations, etc.) and on government assistance for investment to businesses and investors from the Western United States;
- To organize seminars and conferences on trade between Québec and the U.S.
- Helps companies planning to expand operations in key sectors of the modern economy locate in Québec by providing information, support, financing and access to customized tax measures.
- Provides a wide range of services to international corporations with Québec-based subsidiaries.
The Québec Immigration Office in Los Angeles is responsible for prospecting potential students, workers and business people residing in the United-States and to promote Québec as an immigration alternative with respect to the Québec regional needs. It also supports the recruitment efforts of Québec companies in the United States.
Last update: September 29, 2022