The organization and its commitments
The mandate of Francophone and Multilateral Affairs Delegation is as follows:
- Maintain and develop ties with diplomatic representatives of the member states of Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF);
- Cultivate relations with OIF and the operating agencies of La Francophonie: Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), TV5, Senghor University in Alexandria, and Association internationale des maires francophones (AIMF);
- Ensure Québec is actively represented within the various OIF bodies: commissions, working groups, and the Standing Council of La Francophonie;
- Develop ties, in areas of interest to Québec, with key multilateral organizations such as the OECD;
- Promote and defend Québec’s interests in institutional and diplomatic circles, especially with regard to the French language, culture, cultural diversity, education, and climate change.
The Francophone and Multilateral Affairs Delegation prepares two newsletters (in French only) a few times a year:
Le Québec à l’OCDE features publications and events by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and includes joint actions taken with Québec.
Le Québec et la Francophonie features Québec’s actions in the French-speaking world and provides a better understanding of the issues faced in Francophone spaces.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Last update: November 18, 2022