Mission and mandates
The Francophone and Multilateral Affairs Delegation is a diplomatic representation of the Québec government based in Paris. Its mandate includes maintaining Québec’s ties with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie.
At the OECD, the Francophone and Multilateral Affairs Delegation promotes Québec’s uniqueness and expertise. The delegation also monitors this organization’s activities and publications relevant to Québec public policy.
The mandate of Francophone and Multilateral Affairs Delegation is as follows:
- Maintain and develop ties with diplomatic representatives of the member states of Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF);
- Cultivate relations with OIF and the operating agencies of La Francophonie: Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), TV5, Senghor University in Alexandria, and Association internationale des maires francophones (AIMF);
- Ensure Québec is actively represented within the various OIF bodies: commissions, working groups, and the Standing Council of La Francophonie;
- Develop ties, in areas of interest to Québec, with key multilateral organizations such as the OECD;
- Promote and defend Québec’s interests in institutional and diplomatic circles, especially with regard to the French language, culture, cultural diversity, education, and climate change.
Last update: September 29, 2022