Mission and mandates
The Québec Government Office in Atlanta opened its doors in 1978 to take advantage of the strong growth of the southern United States. In addition to defending and advancing Québec’s interests, the mandate of the Québec Government Office in Atlanta is to develop and promote economic, political and institutional ties with the seven states in the region, that is, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. It also contributes to the activities of the Southeastern United States – Canadian Provinces Alliance (SEUS-CP), of which Québec is a founding member.
Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, United States Virgin Islands, Mississippi, Porto Rico and Tennessee.
- Promote Québec’s industries and sectors of excellence.
- Develop trade relations between Québec and the Southern United States.
- Assist Québec exporters in identifying appropriate distribution channels (retailers, distributors, representatives, manufacturing agents, etc.).
- Provide Québec exporters with strategic market information.
- Identify potential buyers in the South for Québec products and services.
- Assist companies seeking partners for joint ventures, strategic alliances, scientific collaborations and technology transfers.
- Offer site selection assistance to Québec companies wishing to expand in the South.
- Identify business opportunities and organize trade missions in the territory.
- Facilitate participation in major trade shows and conferences in the South.
- Promote Québec as a business location for potential investors.
Last update: September 29, 2022