Mission and mandates
The Québec Government Office in Chicago represents the Québec government in 12 states across the Midwest. This mandate involves working on a wide range of commercial, economic, political, environmental, and cultural matters of interest to Québec and this region of the United States.
South Dakota, North Dakota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin.
- Establish and maintain relations with all branches of government in the Midwestern States, as well as with the major cities of the region.
- Coordinate Québec’s contribution to the sustainable management of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Basin, through regional organizations like the Great Lakes Commission, the Council of Great Lakes Governors, and the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Cities Initiative.
- Promote Québec culture and artists throughout the Midwest.
- Promote Québec’s educational initiatives to universities and research centers in the Midwest.
- Promote Québec studies and French immersion programs offered in Québec.
- Coordinate Québec’s Francophonie initiatives throughout the region.
- Develop and increase trade relations between Québec and Midwestern companies.
- Provide strategic information and advice to Québec companies on various economic sectors in the Midwest.
- Assist Québec companies in developing a business network in the Midwest.
- Identify potential buyers for Québec products in the Midwest.
- Facilitate participation by Quebec companies in targeted conferences and trade shows.
- Promote Québec as a business location for potential investors.
Last update: September 29, 2022