The Program is intended for non-profit organizations that offer or wish to offer services to:
- English-speaking communities’expression anglaise;
- social economy enterprises including cooperatives;
- municipal entities;
- public institutions in the education and health and social services sectors.
More specifically, it makes provision to support the organizations, institutions and partnership networks that serve English-speaking communities by offering them operational support or support for concrete local, regional or province-wide projects.
Amount granted and duration
Subject to the budget availability of the Secrétariat aux relations avec les Québécois d’expression anglaise (SRQEA) for each fiscal year in this normative framework, the grant awarded under the Program cannot exceed:
- $100 000 for a local organization
- $300 000 for a regional organization
- $500 000 for a province-wide organization
Grant agreements have a maximum duration of three years as of the date of signing.
2,5 million partnership agreement
- $100 000 for a local project
- $300 000 for a regional project
- $500 000 for a province-vide project
Grant agreements have a maximum duration of two years as of the date of signing.
- Support the ability to act of the organizations, institutions and partnership networks targeted by enabling them, in particular, to sustain their resources devoted to the implementation of their mission;
- Develop community organizations;
- Broaden access for English-speaking Quebecers to public services;
- Contribute through employability to the retention of young English-speaking Quebecers.
Applicants eligible for the Program:
- Non-profit organizations registered with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec (REQ) that offer services to English-speaking communities;
- Cooperatives and social economy enterprises registered with the Registraire des entreprises du Québec (REQ) whose mission is to offer services to English-speaking communities. Community enterprises within the meaning of the Cooperatives Act or the Social Economy Act;
- Municipal entities and public institutions in the education and health and social services sectors. In the case of primary, secondary and post-secondary educational institutions and health and social services establishments, the expenditures must not be covered by the Québec government’s budget regulations.
Last update: December 4, 2019