Do you have a complaint?

We are always striving to improve our service quality, and the comments, suggestions and complaints we receive are important to us.

If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive, we ask you, first, to inform the person with whom you dealt. Most problems can be solved by this initial contact.

If you are still dissatisfied, you may then contact the Direction du bureau du sous-ministre et du secrétariat, in writing or by telephone. This is the department responsible for managing complaints. It gives citizens an opportunity to be heard by a neutral, impartial authority.

If you uncover an offence against wildlife or its habitats, please contact S.O.S Poaching This hyperlink will open in a new window..

If you are dissatisfied with the conduct of a wildlife protection officer, please submit an ethics complaint This hyperlink will open in a new window..

Essential information

To help us process your complaint, you must provide the following information:

  • Your name and contact information.
  • A detailed description of the situation.
  • The outcome of any steps you have taken.
  • Your expectations regarding the complaint.

If your complaint involves other Government departments or agencies, we recommend that you contact them separately, instead of sending a single complaint to multiple recipients.

Processing of your complaint

If you have complained in writing, an acknowledgement will be sent to you within three working days of receipt.

While your complaint is being processed, a complaints management assistant may contact you to ask for additional information or documentation.

You will be notified of the Complaints Manager’s response in writing.

To contact the Complaints Manager

Démosthène Blasi
Head, Complaints Management
Direction du bureau du sous-ministre et du secrétariat
Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs

5700, 4e Avenue Ouest, A 413
Quebec City (Québec) G1H 6R1

If, after completing this process, you still feel you have not been treated fairly or are dissatisfied with the response, you may contact the Ombudsman This hyperlink will open in a new window..