Social acceptability results from a collective judgment of a project. That judgment can change over time and is influenced by a set of factors.
Take a few minutes to watch this video (in French only), which explains the factors that influence social acceptability.
Watch this video (in French only) to learn more about the roles played by the government, the promoter and private citizens on a monitoring committee.
- Support and encourage promoters to use good practices, among other things by setting up a monitoring committee early in the project preparation process
- Inform the population about major projects, land uses and rights granted, the project authorization process and existing guides
- Review the public land use planning process to make it more transparent and participatory
- Encourage local actors to play an active role in project development (public consultations, monitoring committees)
- Distribute a good practice guide on the creation and operation of a monitoring committee
Last update: July 19, 2019