The Hats Off to You! contest and its Excellence in Science segment showcase the determination and work of women enrolled in a vocational training or technical training program, or a bachelor’s program in science or technology that leads to a career in a traditionally male-dominated occupation.
- recognizes women who choose a traditionally male-dominated occupation
- rewards their hard work
- promotes the academic success of women within a predominantly male group
- provides role models for women who wish to venture off the beaten track
List of prizes
The prizes awarded to the winners are worth between $2 000 and $5 000, and amount to nearly $160 000.
Eligibility for the contest
You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, have resided in Québec for at least one year, and must not have failed in more than two subjects in your last school term.
Hats Off to You!
You are eligible if:
- you are enrolled full-time in one of the vocational training or technical training programs selected for the contest
- you are enrolled in a school or centre under the jurisdiction of a school board, a CEGEP or a private educational institution in Québec
Important! Certain prizes are reserved for graduates. Refer to the Hats Off to You! Prizes section in the Application Guide.
Excellence in Science
You are eligible if:
- you are enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s program in one of the pure or applied sciences selected for the contest
- you are attending a university-level institution in Québec
How to participate
To participate in the contest, follow these steps:
- Carefully read the details on how to submit an application in the Hats Off to You! (PDF 640 Kb) or Excellence in Science (PDF 438 Kb) guides.
- Prepare the following documents in PDF, JPEG or PNG format:
- the answers to the general questions on your career choice
- the answers to the additional questions related to the prizes you applied for (select the prize or prizes that best match your profile)
- a resumé (for candidates in Excellence in Science only)
- a copy of your transcript or report card
- the recommendation from your educational institution
- Complete the online registration form for Hats Off to You! or Excellence in Science .
Hats Off to You! and its Excellence in Science segment contest
Téléphone : 418 528-1318, poste 2330
Last update: January 23, 2020