The birth of a baby is a joyful event that brings up a lot of questions, especially with regard to nutrition.
The Institut national de santé publique du Québec’s From Tiny Tot to Toddler: A Practical Guide for Parents from Pregnancy to Age Two offers information on nutrition for babies. Among other issues, it answers questions about breastfeeding, how to introduce new foods, and food allergies.
Help and Resources
Resources for help and support
- Info-Santé 811 is a telephone consultation service available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, everywhere in Québec
To obtain information tailored to your needs, contact one of the following resources:
- Your family doctor or your child’s pediatrician
- Your CLSC
To find contact information of your CLSC.
- The Ligue La Leche is established in most regions of Québec (website in French only). Certified volunteers offer help and support to breastfeeding women. You can receive support:
- The Nourri-Source Federation (support group) is active in six regions, including Estrie, Lanaudière, Laurentides, Laval, Montérégie, Montreal and Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean. You can receive support:
- A lactation consultant can also help you. To find a consultant in your region, visit the website of the International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). You can also reach them:
Last update: 29 November 2016, 19:56